Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review: Raw

RawRaw by Belle Aurora

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 stars erotica, bdsm

WARNINGS

I'm not going to review this book as I usually post my reviews. I can't! I've tried and I've deleted a few times. Because at the end I want to give this book a 5 star review and I will! So, I don't want to analyze everything as I normally do. This book made me FEEL too much.

How can I not give 5 stars for a book that grabbed me for hours, almost making me forget my son in school? A book that made me laugh and cry, and FEEL so so much? IMPOSSIBLE!

This is not a REALLY DARK book as you are going to read around in lots of reviews. At least not for readers like me, that are used to really really dark.
This book is twisted in a way that plays with your emotions, that's why people that it's not used to really kinky read, reads just a little here and label as a really dark book.

RAW is the best word to describe this book. Because it plays with what you feel, it exposes you to bad and makes you like it.


Impressions and Opinion

At the blurb, the author posted a warning telling you this is not a LOVE STORY, but a love story that goes bad. I'm the love-HEA-so-much type of reader, and that warning almost stopped me from reading this book. I'm so glad it didn't.

I could see a few problems at the plot of the book, I saw a few typo mistakes, but IMO the connection I've achieved with the characters was so amazing that I felt their battles throughout the book and it overshadowed the mistakes.



Monsters don't always lurk in the shadows



Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero. The World needs villains too.


That is Twitch, the main character. He is no hero. He is bad. The kind of bad, that is just bad. Never the good guy that is playing bad. Maybe life didn't give him many chances, it doesn't change the fact that he is bad.


There is only one way I fuck. Dirty. And this type of dirty... it doesn't wash off.


Yeah, this book is HOT HOT HOT. Panty-wet-the-entire-book, HOT!


It takes a strong woman to let go of her fears and step out of her comfort zone into something that makes her unsure, and even scared. I get you're an independent woman, and choice goes hand-in-hand with pride, but don't misunderstand me. A strong woman can also be submissive in bed. It doesn't make her weak. It makes her stronger than most. Putting your body into the hands of someone else... that takes balls.


Yes, there is some BDSM, without a label, in this book. The male character needs to dominate and the female character discover herself in submission.


Everything about him is raw. And gritty. And unbound.
He's a raging fire. And I'm a fragile moth fluttering into the flame. Sooner or later, I'm going to get burned. I know this.



Everything that happens is consensual and Alexa knew whom Twitch really was early on. She was never misled, she just couldn't get away.


Who were you before people started telling you who you should be?


It's a lesson of how much we worried about what others think of us and how much we judge by the package. Really we live in a world of labels, always believing that we have no preconceived notions.


Sometimes you gotta walk away for the sake of the people you love.


This book is about life and it's choices. It's about the paths that we take and the consequences that it may bring. It's not about HEA and love story. It's a slap in your face that says get real, stop jugding and start living!
It's about not being able to get away from love. Is there any such a thing as loving too much? Is about taking risks, even though you know it's going to hurt at the end. It's about hope, even when you know it's not going to end well.


I could see a sequel coming. I'm really hoping for it!

I recommend this book to anyone, as long as you feel that you are ready for feeling RAW! And if you like sex scenes.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment