Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Breeding Cycle

Breeding Cycle (The Kategan Alphas, #1)Breeding Cycle by T.A. Grey

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


2.5 stars PNR, were-wolves, EROTICA, series, novella



Wolf Graphics & Comments


~Magickal Graphics~


Cover 3.5 stars

It's hot! We can see it's going to be sexy and that has a m/f couple in it.
What am I missing? Anything that tells me this is a PNR book of were-wolves. (That would be 1 star, but I took out 1.5, because something else is missing for me, just don't know what)

characters 3.5 stars

Hero: He is a good one. Hot, dominant male. (he would be a 4 stars)
Heroine: She was ok. I don't know, she was a bit annoying. I don't know why exactly but she wasn't the type of heroine that I fall in love with. (she would be between 2.5 and 3 stars)
secondary characters: I think his sibling maybe interesting. I really like his sister.
EVIL: Everything was suppose to make me hate her dad, not that I didn't but it just really made me dislike the heroine a little bit. Really, that are limits of being clueless (that's me trying to be nice here).

plot 2 stars

This is a hard one. I like erotica and I like PNR. Shifters are my favorite PNR, but I think this book was had a bit too much sex and not enough story.

Yeah, some scenes were HOT HOT HOT. But the story was chopped, very one-dimensional, the author didn't give me a real link for me to connect with the characters. I would like to know more how the packs work and so on.

It's a novella I know, but it needed a thicker plot.

sex heat 4.5 stars

It was a HOT HOT HOT book. I didn't personally like the first scene, I want a book to offer me something first, then sex. But the second one, she inside the cabin and he outside the cabin, that was GREAT!

originality 3 stars

I love shifters and I've read many many many books with them. I like the cabin scene and that made me read the book until the end. Was it knew, I don't know, but it was a good hook for me.

editing 1 star

This was horrible! I'm sorry I know I can be picky with this. But not only I found too many typo mistakes, but I also I found a couple sentences that I had to stop and re-read it a few times to understand.
I guess, this was one of the reasons I couldn't connect with the characters.

I really hope this was a first time edition type of thing, and that the next book of the series won't have this problem.

Impressions and Opinion

Sometimes I ask myself why I use this kind of organization into my reviews, this book is a great example for it. I had no idea what rating would I give this book. I had no idea if the sex had been enough to carry me on for the next book of the series or if this was it for me. So, my steps helped me organize my thoughts and get a clear picture of the whole book.

(my crazy Math: the cover I just add there for people like me, that would buy a book by it's cover or not buy because of horrible cover.
3.5 characters + 2 plot = 2.75, I will always go higher = 3
3 above sum + 4.5 sex heat = 4
4 above sum + 3 originality = 3.5
3.5 above sum + 1 editing = 2.25 = 2.5)

GR doesn't have the half, so depending of the cover I will go higher or lower for the ratings. (only 4 and 5 covers takes it higher)

I guess, after my crazy math and my indecision, I would rate this book average and will probably give the series a second chance. But that wouldn't be right now.
One of these days, I will try and read the second book and I hope the typo mistakes won't be there.


Sorry about the crazy Math, but I like to be fair with myself and what I think about a book, so I needed to brainstorm for this book.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment