Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Review: Dillon's Gift


Dillon's Gift
Dillon's Gift by A.J. Hawthorn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



2.5 stars Romance - Contemporary - Christmas - novella
I'm raising the rate to three, because of the wonderful cover.
cover 5 stars
It's a beautiful cover. I can see recognize the genre through the couple and the Christmas theme with the gift. The gold color makes it special.

characters 2.5 stars
Heroine: I didn't like her. I neither related nor connected with her and after that I struggle to understand her. She would be a 2 star IMO.
Hero: He was hot and kind, too sweet for me, but he was an ok hero. 3 stars for him
other characters: not enough to make it much better.

plot 2 stars
It was an easy story to follow, but it did not grabbed me.I didn't ending it wanting more. I found a bit of humor in it, but not a lot of intensity.
I'm not saying that it was a terrible story, but it was too vanilla for me. Too much TLC and not enough conflict that held me.

sex heat 2 stars
It was not original, not descriptive and very vanilla. But it did have some sex scenes.

credibility 3 stars
It was believable, even though I couldn't relate with it.

Originality 2 stars
Just average. It wasn't something new. I've seen this type of romance many times before.

Impressions and personal opinion
Lately for me to enjoy a very vanilla romance it has to have something extra. A very good plot, a very appealing story to held my attention.
I'm in a mood that too much TLC with not enough things going on with the characters, doesn't hold me for too long.
I wished for multidimensional characters, so I could relate to them.

I would recommend this book for those that enjoy vanilla romance with Christmas theme.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment