Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review: An Alpha's Path (Redwood Pack, #1)

An Alpha's Path (Redwood Pack, #1)An Alpha's Path by Carrie Ann Ryan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4.5 stars PNR, erotica, series




Werewolf Comments & Graphics


~Magickal Graphics~


cover 5 stars
A really hot cover! I could see by the cover only, this would be an erotic werewolf book!! I would totally buy just looking at this cover.

characters 4.5 stars
Melanie- she was an ok heroine. She annoyed me a little, but I can see a future for her growth in this series.
Kade - He was wonderful! Dark, hot and handsome... but not too pushy. I can really see him as a future alpha!
I did connect with the characters and understood their choices.

plot 4 stars
This is a good beginning of a series, but as mostly prequels is a bit rushed. The plot is a bit unbelievable, but this is PNR, so all is possible.
It was easy to follow, I like how the intensity of the story grew and I ended the book wanting to know more about the Redwood Pack.

sex heat 5 stars
It was perfect! It was really steamy hot, but it had enough plot, so it wasn't too much. Really great scenes.

editing 4 stars
I didn't see that many mistakes and since this was a first book for a self-publish author I found it pretty good.

originality 5 stars
I really enjoyed the "new" feeling I got from this series. I love a "shifter" book and I'm always game to read it, but Carrie Ann's werewolves brought something different. I really enjoyed the 2 beings = 1 man of her wolves.

Impressions, opinion
A new author with a very promising series. I'm really looking forward to know more about the Redwood pack and to read more about this "new werewolves".

I recommend to anyone that loves a good hot read with wolves in the mix!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment